Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Monday, June 26, 2017

HULK, HULK BUST AND HULKBUSTER

The figures I am more interested about are related to Hulk. Unfortunately I believe only one will be affordable to me so I will begin with this one. I just happen to love the Hulk from SS Avengers Assemble line. It’s true that the head sculpt could be better but all the rest is top notch, the dynamic pose, the proportions, the anatomy, everything is quite perfect in this Hulk, well balanced and full of movement. I guess the price will be affordable as will not pass the $500 threshold, after all is a 1/5 figure. To be honest it should be the same price as Thor ($450 max) because is a much simpler piece to produce even though is bigger. It would be the perfect Hulk for me if the head sculpt was done right. Let’s wait and see. I don’t believe they will change the head sculpt so far along in the development process but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.




Going to the realms of dreams now there’s XM Hulkbuster. It’s not really Hulk but boy it’s really a stunning piece. And must be gigantic since there’s an 1/4 (I believe) Iron Man going out of it. Ingenuous design and right now already candidate for statue of the year. The model is extremely detailed and is supposed to have an alternate display with the armor all closed (though I’m not certain about this). Think about an ambitious project. The only pieces that could beat this one are the X-Men and JLA maquettes promised by XM, which I don’t know if are still in development or proved to be a too audacious undertaking. Which I believe they are, the cost would be astronomical and few would have place to display such gargantuan pieces even if the proportion is 1/6. And there were people wanting these pieces to be 1/4 mind you. But back to Hulkbuster. I just love the idea even more with its alternate closed display if proven to be true. But it ain’t come cheap either, as none of XM pieces are to US residents due to all importing hurdle and deal with flippers and all the process of acquiring XM Studios pieces require. I have a sister that lives in Germany, I don’t know if things are better that side of Atlantic. I would like hear about that from the readers. I’m sure hyped by this new XM marvel and if I have to choose one piece from XM to have that would be it. Unfortunately, I cannot see it coming for less than 1k sans shipping and fees. So, in fact, I will contempt myself in seeing pics of it from the lucky fellas who bought it posted on the Facebook groups. But would still like to know if it easier to get XM pieces overseas in Europe nevertheless.






Last but not least, the one I am most hyped about, even though I don’t like the format, is Hulk life-size bust from SS. I thought the sculpture, which I believe was handmade, not digital, so full of personality, so expressive that it became I must have for me. If it comes for around $700. It’s all I’m willing to pay. I know I said I have given up collecting with Malavestros, but I think I would cancel it if the Hulk bust come for a friendly price. It’s sure a huge piece but it’s not a very complex one to produce. So, I’m eagerly waiting for the full reveal to make plans according. I also need to know when it will launch and when flex payment begins. To not overlap with my other order, Killer Croc. I guess I’m just dreaming here too if Thanos came for 1,2 k I believe Hulk bust will come for around this price which is more than too much for me. Not to mention the shipping cost.




I was astonished as how many members of the groups disliked the sculpt, wanted something more traditional, less creative and expressive than the piece is. In this I’m against the trend because I found it to be a perfect rendition of Hulk. Hope this general dislike motivates Sideshow to lower the price in an attempt to grab consumers. So here too I got my fingers crossed even more harder than with Hulkbuster because I believe I’ll never own that piece due to the price and hardships to get one and because if I have to choose one of the two I would go with the bust. And that would be definitely the last piece I would buy. Since I don’t have place in my room to display anything else. I was counting and I have about 15 to 17 1/4 and 1/5 statues not to mention countless smaller figures from Black & White Batmans to Evangelion girls (lots of them) and a bit of everything in between. And my room is not big. I will have to make a reform in order to make them all fit. I live in Brazil in an apartment, so, there’s no basement to make a man cave (even though I know girls also collect statues) and the only place I have to display them is in my room, the other rooms are occupied by other family members. My brother lives in the US and every piece I buy I send to his house, so to avoid the ludicrous taxes from importing them directly to Brazil. Every now and then when we go there or they come here, we bring one or two statues to me but I still have more statues in States than here in Brazil which is pretty sad and pretty lame, I know. However, to finish this post I have to mention that from my favorite heroes the only one I don’t have any statue is The Incredible Hulk. And I’m definitely wanting to fill this gap with the bust. I just don’t know where I will put my printer since the only place I can imagine Hulk to be is where it is. Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment